Preschool/Early Kindergarten Programs
The positive impact of quality early childhood services can be life long. We are fortunate at Evergreen School District to have two programs, in addition to Kindergarten, that address the needs of young children. Both the Early Kindergarten class and Special Needs Preschool programs are focused on early literacy development. We also provide services to children ages 3-5 who are identified as eligible for special services in Evergreen and throughout the rural Flathead Valley. Schedules vary according to the child's needs in order to access appropriate services.
Our team of providers includes highly skilled professionals (occupational therapists, physical therapists, 2 certified teachers, and a speech language pathologist). We are also fortunate to have skilled and dedicated paraprofessionals in each classroom.
Our full time professional staff include:
- Kathy Manley-Coburn, Special Needs Preschool Teacher
- Michelle McGuire, Early Kindergarten Teacher
- Sara Hammel, Speech Language Pathologist
Our students are also served by : 2 contracted therapists (Ali Toth, Occupational Therapist, Heather Massey, Physical Therapist)
Three highly qualified paraprofessionals
As the director of the preschool programs in Evergreen, I welcome your questions, concerns, or comments. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 751-1111 ext. 3 or my email.
Mary Meehan, Ed.S.
Director of Special Services
East Evergreen Elementary 751-1121
Evergreen Special Services Administration 751-1111 ext. 3
Preschool Serving Children with Special Needs: Teacher , Kathy Manley-Coburn
8:25 – 10:55 a.m.
Monday through Thursday (Session A Monday, Tuesday, Session B Wednesday -Thursday)
12:15 – 2:45 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
Early Kindergarten:Teacher Michelle McGuire firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday
8:25 a.m., to 2:45 p.m
· CSEFEL/Pyramid Model Intervention
· Early Reading Intervention
· Teacher coaching and evaluation of instructional practices
· Home Visting
Factors for Participation/Placement in Preschool Serving Children with Special Needs
1. Residence in Helena Flats, Big Fork, and Evergreen School Districts or Flathead Special Education Cooperative.
2. Eligiblity for special education services according to IDEA.
3. Established need for special instruction in a special education setting.
4. Ages 3 to 5 (if 5 prior to September 10).
Factors for Participation / Placement in Early Kindergarten
1. Evergreen School District residents are given preference (IEP related decisions may result in Evergreen Preschool placements for children previously enrolled in the Preschool serving children with special needs).
2. Limited ability to access other preschool settings such as Head Start, private preschool, etc…
3. Limited opportunity to participate in preschool prior to Kindergarten due to the child nearing Kindergarten age.
4. The child’s need for a preschool experience based on the screening results.
· Language for Learning
· Phonological Awareness
· Opening the World of Learning (OWL)
· Community Experiences
· Family Literacy